- – Powerful integrated SuperNATURAL synthesis engines designed for legendary vintage synth sounds to realistic organic acoustic sounds and more.
- – Single Tone is equivalent to the performance of powerful single synthesizer—stack four of these to create a mind-blowing “Live Set”
- – Tone Blender tweaks multiple parameters of tones in realtime for complex, emotive sonic movement during performance
- – Fast, friendly operation with intuitive front panel and color touchscreen optimized for live performance
- – 76-note semi-weighted synth keyboard, and 256 polyphonic voices (varies according to sound-generator load)
- – USB-memory Song Player/Recorder for backing tracks or quick idea capture
- – Easy integration with computers via built-in USB-MIDI/Audio interface
Version 2 adds;
– Three types of low-pass filters; combined with the previous type, a total of four filters are now available
– New MFX structures; in addition to the previous parallel connection, a total of five structures (including serial connection) are available
– A Registration Play screen for easier access to sounds during live performance
– Better integration with SONAR software; a dedicated plug-in for your computer lets you easily map the JUPITER-80 to control SONAR’s faders and soft synths
76 keys (with velocity and channel aftertouch)
Sound Generator Section
Maximum Polyphony 256 voices (varies according to the sound generator load)Parts 4 parts (Upper, Lower, Solo, Percussion)Registrations 256 (including pre-loaded registrations)Live Sets 2,560 (including pre-loaded Live Sets)Effects for Live Set (Upper/Lower part)
-Multi-Effects (MFX): 4 units (parallel connection only), 76 types per each Upper/Lower (total: 8 units)
-Reverb: 1 unit, 5 types per each Upper/Lower (total: 2 units)
for Solo part/Percussion part
-Compressor Equalizer Delay: 1 set per each Solo/Percussion (total: 2 sets)
-Reverb: 1 unit, 5 types
4-Band Equalizer: 1 unit
USB Memory Song Player/Recorder Section
Tracks 1 stereo trackPlayable File Format Audio File: WAV, AIFF, MP3Recording File Format Audio File: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16-bit Linear, stereo)Effects 4-Band Equalizer: 1 unitExternal Memory USB Flash Memory (sold separately)
* Use USB flash drive sold by Roland. We cannot guarantee operation if other products are used.
Arpeggiator Preset: 128 styles
User: 128 stylesHarmony Intelligence 17 typesControllers D Beam Controller
Pitch Bend/Modulation Lever
Assignable buttons (S1, S2)
Assignable knobs (E1–E4)
PART LEVEL sliders (PERC, LOWER, UPPER, SOLO)Display Graphic Color LCD 800 x 480 dots (touch screen)Connectors PHONES jack (stereo 1/4-inch phone type)
MAIN OUT jacks (L, R) (XLR type)
MAIN OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch TRS phone type)
SUB OUT jacks (L, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
AUDIO IN jack (Stereo miniature phone type)
DIGITAL AUDIO OUT jack (COAXIAL)
FOOT PEDAL jacks (CTRL 1, CTRL 2, HOLD)
MIDI Connectors (IN, OUT, THRU)
USB COMPUTER port (Audio/MIDI)
USB Memory port
AC IN jackPower Consumption 25 WAccessories Owner’s manual
CD-ROM (USB Audio/MIDI driver)
DVD-ROM (SONAR LE)
USB MEMORY Protector
Power CordOptions (sold separately) Keyboard stand: KS-18Z, KS-G8 (Use a stand that causes the height of the unit to be one meter or lower.)
Pedal switch: DP series
Footswitch: BOSS FS-5U
Expression pedal: EV-5
USB Flash Memory
* Use USB Flash Memory sold by Roland. We cannot guarantee operation if other products are used.
Size and Weight
Width (W)1,231 mm48-1/2 inchesDepth (D)439 mm17-5/16 inchesHeight (H)140 mm5-1/2 inchesWeight 17.7 kg39 lbs. 1 oz.
ASIO and VST are trademark of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH.
All specifications and appearances are subject to change.
*Catalogue Item = availability, price, image, model and specifications may differ at time of purchase, all be it after time of check-out/fulfilment of payment. For your own convenience, please confirm with us first.