The Rode NTG-1 Condenser Shotgun Microphone is designed for professional audio capturing in the field or indoors. With a history of manufacturing quality studio microphones, Rode has implemented low noise output electronics and wide bandwidth, both of which attribute to the NTG-1’s broadcast sound quality.
The supercardioid polar pattern and line plus gradient acoustic principle effectively minimize audio and noise at the off-axis (sides) of the microphone, while the front of the capsule accurately reproduces incoming audio signal. The result is greater intelligibility and signal-to-noise ratio while using the NTG-1 in noisy environments.
The NTG-1 is powered with an external 48 Volt phantom power source; the output is a standard 3-pin XLR male connector.
The microphone features a rugged, all metal, light weight enclosure that is ideal for camera mounting yet durable enough to withstand the rigors of heavy road use. The Rode NTG-1 is packaged with a microphone stand mount and windscreen.
Super-Cardioid Polar Pattern
The super-cardioid polar pattern and line gradient acoustic principle allow for a narrow pick up pattern at the front of the capsule while minimizing noise at the off-axis sections.
Lightweight Durable Construction
The NTG-1 features a lightweight metal housing that is ideal for camera mounting.
Low Handling Noise
Low noise output electronics provides high signal-to-noise ratio. The NTG-1 is designed to also reduce noise caused by handling, rigid mounting hardware, loose cabling etc.
- Transducer Condenser
- Polar Pattern Supercardioid
- Frequency Response 20Hz to 20kHz
- Dynamic Range (Typical) 121dB (per IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio 76dB (1kHz rel, 1Pa; per IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Maximum Input Sound Level 139dB SPL (@ 1% THD into 1k ohm)
- Power Requirements 48V phantom, 44V to 52V
- Output Impedance 50 ohms
- Output Connectors 3-pin XLR balanced
- Pad No
- Low Frequency Roll-Off Yes
- Dimensions (LxDiameter) 8.54 x .87″ (217 x 022mm)
- Weight 3.7 oz (105g)
- Shipping Info
- Shipping Weight 0.85 lb
- Box Dimensions (WxHxD) 5.2 x 2.2 x 10.8
In the Box
- 10-Year Warranty
- Microphone Stand Mount
- Zippered Pouch