The Rode NT5 is a cardioid condenser microphone offering a full frequency response and low-noise output circuitry. Designed for general instrument recording and sound reinforcement.
The cardioid polar pattern effectively minimizes audio at the off-axis sections, reducing noise caused by, leakage, monitors, additional instruments etc. The NT5 offers a frequency response of 20Hz to 20kHz allowing the microphones to be used in a wide variety of applications such as drum over-head miking, stereo capturing of instruments, vocal capturing etc. The NT5 is powered via 48, 24 volt phantom power. The package is complete and includes dual wind screens and stand mounts in a durable road case.
The cardioid polar pattern is effective in minimizing of-axis noise due to leakage, additional instruments, room ambiance etc.
Wide Frequency Response
The NT5 features a frequency response of 20Hz to 20kHz allowing the flexibility to capture accurately in any recording or sound reinforcement scenario.
- Transducer Externally Polarized 1/2″ (13mm) Pressure Gradient Condensers
- Polar Pattern Cardioid
- Frequency Response 20Hz – 20kHz
- Dynamic Range (Typical) > 128dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio 78dB
- Maximum Input Sound Level 143dB, (@ 1% THD into 1k)
- Power Requirements 4mA, P48 (38v-52v) 2mA, P24 (20v-26v) 2.8mA, P12 (10.8v-13.2v)
- Note: The microphones operate in accordance with the above specifications to a minimum of 18v. (It will operate with some performance degradation below 18v.)
- Output Impedance 200 Ohms (Each)
- Output Connectors XLR-3M Type
- Pad None
- Low Frequency Roll-Off None
- Dimensions 4.72 x 0.8″ (118 x 20mm) LxDdiameter
- Weight 3.53 oz. (100g)
In the Box
- WS-5 Wind Shields
- RM-5 Stand Mounts
- 2 (3/8″ – 5/8″) Thread Adapters
- Custom Foam Lined Carry Case
- 10 Year Warranty