The Most Sophisticated V-Drums Yet
The Roland TD-50 sound module includes all-new kit sounds to inspire your best grooves and performances. Drums and cymbals are presented in stunning high resolution thanks to the Prismatic Sound Modeling engine, and with a level of expressiveness that even past V-Drums have been unable to touch. You can tailor the size and composition of each piece on your kit, or import your own libraries at will via SDHC cards. Then season to taste with onboard room reverb, compression, saturation, and EQ. You can even save snapshots of your kits to A/B any changes you make before committing.
On the kit side, the Roland TD-50K’s one-up/two-down tom configuration is a fresh change for modern players. As are the digital 14″ snare pad and 18″ ride pad with multi-sensor technology. Together with the TD-50, these give the kit unprecedented realism that is sure to make acoustic players feel right at home.
What the Roland TD50K includes:
- TD-50 drum sound module
- 14″ PD-140DS digital snare trigger
- 12″ KD-120-BK kick drum
- 10″ PDX-100 toms (x3)
- 18″ CY-18DR digital ride trigger
- 12″ VH-11 hi-hat
- 12″ CY-12C crash
- 13″ CY-13R crash
- MDS-50K stand and tom mounts
Roland V-Drums TD-50K Electronic Drum Set at a Glance:
- Build your dream kit with Roland’s Prismatic Sound Modeling engine
- 14″ digital snare is advanced as your V-Drums
- 18″ digital ride is Roland’s most convincing V-Cymbal
- Import custom libraries at will
- Scrap or store kit changes with Snapshot
- Practice and perform like never before
- Take control of the way you I/O
- Record 10 channels of multitrack audio over USB
Build your dream kit with Roland’s Prismatic Sound Modeling engine
V-Drums are the undisputed kings of digital drum shaping. And with the TD-50K’s Prismatic Sound Modeling engine, you can expect nuance and realism like never before. The TD-50K’s every onboard kit is crafted to sound great without tweaks. But for those times when you need a custom kit for a particular performance, Prismatic Sound Modeling has you covered. You have control over each drum shell’s thickness and overtones. Each cymbal’s size and thickness. You can even control virtual mic placement to dial in the right amount of natural ambience. Once you’ve found your sound, sweeten kick, snare, or toms with 30 types of built-in FX, including smooth multiband compression and saturation.
14″ digital snare is advanced as your V-Drums
The heart of any modern drum kit, acoustic or electronic, is the snare drum. So it makes sense that the TD-50K should include a snare pad that’s as sophisticated as its sound module: the 14″ Roland PD-140DS. Eight sensors across the head and rim accurately translate your performance to your V-Drums brain. This means fat backbeats, cutting rimshots, delicate ghost notes and brush sweeps, and cross-sticks that connect every time. And because of its 14″ diameter, the Roland PD-140DS transitions seamlessly between your acoustic kit and back. Particular about your tuning? So are we. Fortunately, the PD-140DS’s 8-lug design and 3-ply mesh head make it easy to dial in whatever level of tightness or sponginess you desire.
18″ digital ride is Roland’s most convincing V-Cymbal yet
Electronic cymbals have a reputation for being utilitarian – a means to end. But the Roland CY-18DR invites players to bring their acoustic touch back to their eKit. This 18″ V-Cymbal sways and plays like a real cymbal. Multiple sensors across the playing surface eliminate the feeling of zones – distinct edge, bow, and bell tones melt into one another seamlessly. And the Roland CY-18DR’s multi-touch technology not only lets you choke crash attacks with your hand, but also even soften cymbal attacks with a finger’s touch. If you have trouble getting the full emotion of a performance to translate through traditional eCymbals, Mercury Music recommends putting the Roland CY-18DR V-Cymbal digital ride through its paces. You won’t be disappointed.
Import custom libraries at will
Whether you’re modeling your acoustic kit or copping the latest Slate samples, Roland makes it easy to incorporate these sounds into your V-Drum TD-50. High-capacity SDHC cards let you create an arsenal of custom libraries and call them up on your V-Drums at will.
Scrap or store kit changes with Snapshot
Tone tweakers abound here at Mercury. What we love about the Roland V-Drums TD-50 sound module is that you can edit kits to your heart’s content without committing. Use the Snapshot feature to quickly A/B the before and after. And if you like what you’ve done, save it. If not, scrap it and start over.
Practice and perform like never before
With its sophisticated brushed black finish to its expressive kit sounds, the TD-50 is built for the stage. But you may be surprised to learn what a difference the TD-50 can make to your practice hours. Jam along to the TD-50’s built-in metronome to practice septuplets and strengthen your internal click. Or loop a groove and solo over it to build your lick vocabulary. What’s neat is you can record yourself playing to a click or backing track right onto an SDHC card. This is a handy way to track ideas and share with bandmates.
Take control of the way you I/O
The versatility of the TD-50 is fully seen in its flexible in and outs. Send drum kits pre-mixed to your FOH engineer using balanced stereo XLR outs, or directly into your home stereo speaker system with unbalanced stereo 1/4″ outs. And if you’ve got mixer channels to spare, send your kick, snare, toms, and cymbals separately via balanced 1/4″ direct outs for individual treatment and level control. MIDI in/out even lets you track your performance and replace sounds at a later time.
Record 10 channels of multitrack audio over USB
Drummers love our eDrums for home recording. And with the Roland V-Drum TD-50 module, you can do it all over USB – no interface required. You get your 10 main output channels in glorious 96kHz. This means you can enjoy studiophile drum recording, even in your apartment, at any time of day.
Roland V-Drums TD-50K Electronic Drum Set Features:
- Includes the latest Roland digital triggers:
- 8-sensor PD-140DS snare trigger picks up meaty backbeats, delicate grace notes, and accurate buzzes and flams
- 5-sensor CY-18DR ride trigger offers distinct edge, bow, and bell tones without the feeling of zones
- Prismatic Sound Modeling engine is the new standard in electronic kit shaping:
- All-new kit sounds to inspire great performances
- Adjust each drum’s shell depth and overtones
- Control each cymbal’s size and thickness,
- Tailor room response with adjustable virtual overhead mics
- Send any of 30 onboard FX to individual drums and cymbal – EQ, reverb, saturation, multiband compression, EQ, delay, etc.
- Import custom drum libraries with SDHC cards
- Practice along to loops or click tricks, then save sessions via SDHC
- USB multitracking – record 10 channels of multitrack audio to Mac or PC at 96kHz
- Snapshot lets you A/B kit changes before you commit to them
- MIDI in/out captures performances and lets you changes kits later
- 1/4″ and 1/8″ headphone outputs
- 1/8″ aux input lets you jam along to your phone or laptop
- 3 digital trigger inputs
- 16 analog trigger inputs: 6 drums, 6 cymbals, 4 aux
- 8 balanced 1/4″ direct outs for individual treatment and level control
- Send pre-mixed audio via balanced stereo XLR or unbalanced stereo 1/4″
- MDS-50K stand is internally wired for clean staging, and tall enough to support 22″ kick drums
- Discover a new level of electronic expression with the Roland V-Drums TD-50K kit!
- Total Number of Pads 5 x drum pads, 4 x cymbal pads
- Included Snare/Tom Pads 14″ PD-140DS Snare, 3 x 10″ PDX-100 Toms
- Included Kick Pads 12″ KD-120-BK Kick drum
- Included Cymbal Pads 18″ CY-18DR Ride, 12″ VH-11 Hi-hat, 12″ CY-12C Crash, 13″ CY-13R Crash
- Included Hardware MDS-50K stand, Tom mounts
- Included Drum Module TD-50 Drum module
- Number of Drum Kits 100
- Number of Instruments Over 400
- Effects 5 x Reverbs, 25 x Rooms, compressor, master EQ
- Module Trigger Inputs 14 x 1/4″ (hi-hat & ride use 2 inputs)
- Module Analog Inputs 1 x 1/4″ TRS (mix in), 1 x 1/8″ TRS (mix in)
- Module Analog Outputs 2 x XLR (master out), 2 x 1/4″ (master out), 8 x 1/4″ (direct out), 1 x 1/4″ (headphones), 1 x 1/8″ (headphones)
- Module MIDI I/O In, Out/Thru
- USB 1 x Type B (to host), 3 x Type A (trigger in)
- Manufacturer Part Number TD-50K-S
Available February 2017 – Preorder now!