The Rode K2 tube condenser recording microphone delivers the sonic quality expected of a class “A” tube microphone. At the heart of the microphone is a hand-selected 6922 twin-triode valve. The valve provides warmth and detail while reproducing a flat, “un-colored” frequency response. The K2 boasts a dynamic range of 150dB. This ensures detailed, accurate pick up of low signals and distortion free, transparent pick up of transients. An external power supply provides user access of up to 3 polar patterns. Cardioid, omni-directional and figure eight are all available and the patterns are user variable, allowing custom contouring of each pattern as needed.
Class” A” Valve Circuitry
At the heart of the microphone is a hand-selected 6922 twin-triode valve. The tube electronics yield the warmth and transparency expected of class “A” analog electronics.
Variable Polar Patterns
The K2 features cardioid, omni-directional, and figure eight polar patterns. The patterns are user variable, allowing custom contouring of each pattern as needed.
Wide Dynamic Range
The microphone features a dynamic range of 150dB. This ensures detailed, accurate pick up of low signals and distortion free, transparent pick up of transient signals.
- Transducer Externally Polarized 25mm (1″) Condenser
- Polar Pattern Cardioid, omni-directional, figure 8 user switchable
- Frequency Response 20Hz – 20kHz
- Dynamic Range (Typical) 150dB (per IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio > 81dB (1kHz rel 1 Pa; per IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Maximum Input Sound Level 162dB (@ 1% THD into 1k ohms)
- Power Requirements Dedicated Power Supply (110 ~ 120V/220 ~ 240V, 50/60Hz)
- Output Impedance 200 ohms
- Output Connectors 3-pin XLR
- Pad No
- Low Frequency Roll-Off No
- Dimensions not specified by manufacturer
- Weight not specified by manufacturer
In the Box
- K2 Power Supply
- K2 Cable
- RC2 Custom Carry Case
- SM2 Shock Mount
- 1 Year Warranty