For 30 years the SR has given bass players a modern alternative. With its continued popularity, Ibanez is constantly endeavoring to answer the wider needs of a variety of players, at a variety of budgets. But no matter what the specs, the heart is the same-SR continues to excite with its smooth, fast neck, lightweight body, and perfectly matched electronics.
- neck type SR6 5pc Jatoba/Walnut neck
- body Mahogany body
- fretboard Jatoba fretboard w/Abalone oval inlay
- fret Medium frets
- bridge Accu-cast B306 bridge (16.5mm string spacing)
- neck pickup Bartolini® MK-1 neck pickup (Passive)
- bridge pickup Bartolini® MK-1 bridge pickup (Passive)
- equalizer Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/Mid frequency switch
- hardware color Cosmo black
- Scale : 864mm/34″
- a : Width 54mm at NUT
- b : Width 83mm at 24F
- c : Thickness 19.5mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 21.5mm at 12F
- Radius : 400mmR
5pc Jatoba/Walnut neck
Coupling Jatoba with Walnut yields a neck that is strong and stable despite its thinness.
Jatoba has a reddish brown color which produces a rich mid range with a crisp high end.
Extended Neck Joint
The neck tongue not only creates a unique look, it also makes utilizing the higher frets easier.
Bartolini® MK1 Pickups
The MK1 pickups are split coil designs that provides a very wide frequency range and enhanced definition for maximum accuracy. The Neck and Bridge pickups have equal response, like traditional single coils, but without the hum and noise.
Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/Mid frequency switch
The Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/3-way mid-frequency switch offers tonal variations that enhance simple chord work as well as complex soloing.
Accu-cast B300 bridge
The Accu-cast B300 bridge affords precise intonation and delivers string-to-body vibration conductively.