The RG is the most recognizable and distinctive guitar in the Ibanez line. Three decades of metal have forged this high-performance machine, honing it for both speed and strength. Whether you prefer a hard tail (fixed) bridge or our industry-leading locking tremolo system, the RG is a precision instrument.
Meet Ibanez’s made-for-metal guitar series, Iron Label. Working from the chassis of their famous RG, Ibanez luthiers modded and tweaked with the heaviest of metal in mind. The RGIX27FESM is a hardtail instrument that brings the Iron Label Series to a whole new level.
Boasting a light weight basswood body with a gorgeous spalted maple top, the RGIX27FESM provides you with rich sustain, resonance and stunning looks. Other features include 3-piece maple/bubinga Nitro Wizard fast neck, jumbo frets and a bound ebony fingerboard for clear articulation and quick response.
And no matter what your signal chain, an EMG 707 guarantees a thick, complex distortion from which to carve your signature sound. The reliable Gibraltar Standard II-7 bridge is the envy of the industry, and the performance enhancing killswitch puts you in command of a head-turning strobe effect.
- Neck type: Nitro Wizard-7 3pc Maple/Bubinga neck
- Body: Spalted Maple top/Baswood body
- Fretboard: Bound Ebony fretboard
- Fret: Jumbo frets
- Bridge: Gibraltar Standard II-7 bridge
- Neck pickup: EMG? 707 (H) neck pickup (Active/Alnico)
- Bridge pickup: EMG? 707 (H) bridge pickup (Active/Alnico)
- Hardware colour: Cosmo Black