Equipped with a Nutube vacuum tube, the Ibanez Nu Tubescreamer is a worthy successor to one of the most-played overdrive pedals of all time. And it’s even more versatile than the original, with a Mix control for blending your dry tone with the overdriven sound. Thanks to its Nutube circuitry, the Nu Tubescreamer delivers impressive dynamics, excellent sensitivity, and tubelike compression when you hit it hard. And just like the original, the Ibanez Nu Tubescreamer is also an awesome clean boost for overdriving a tube amplifier that is already at the edge of breakup.
Nutube technology delivers genuine tube tone
Guitarists should be excited about Nutube technology — it offers the harmonic richness of tube distortion in a smaller, more power efficient package. It’s a genuine vacuum tube, and that’s why the Nu Tubescreamer has such an amp-like response. Explore its gain range with your picking dynamics, and enjoy the natural tube compression that takes hold when you dig into it.
Mix control for sonic versatility
More and more guitarists at Sweetwater are seeking out overdrive options with a Mix control like the Nu Tubescreamer offers. You can balance the grind of the overdrive with the clear attack of your clean tone, which is especially useful for cutting through when playing lead. With the Mix control fully counter-clockwise, you can use the Nu Tubescreamer as a pristine clean boost for pushing your amp’s front end harder.
Even more headroom and gain
While the Ibanez Nu Tubescreamer can be powered by a 9-volt battery or power supply (sold separately), you can also use an 18-volt power supply for added headroom and gain.
Ibanez Nu Tubescreamer Overdrive Pedal Features:
- Boost/overdrive pedal with Nutube vacuum tube technology
- Amp-like response with natural tube compression when you hit it hard
- Mix control for blending dry tone with overdrive
- Can be run on 9-volt power or 18-volt power for greater gain and headroom
- True bypass switching completely removes the circuit from your signal path when bypassed
- Pedal Type:Overdrive
- Inputs:1 x 1/4″ (instrument)
- Outputs:1 x 1/4″
- True Bypass:Yes
- Features:6P1 NuTube
- Power Source:9-18V DC power supply required (sold separately)
- Batteries:1 x 9V
- Power Usage:50mA @ 9V, 60mA @ 18V
- Manufacturer Part Number:NTS