The Artwood Vintage series now showcases another vintage element by applying an “aging” process to the tonewood : “Thermo Aged™” tone wood, made by a special drying process at a high temperature which is commonly known as “baking” or “torrefaction.”
Natural High Gloss
- body shape Cutaway Dreadnought body
- top Thermo Aged™ Solid Sitka Spruce top
- back & sides Mahogany back & sides
- bracing Thermo Aged™ Spruce X Bracing
- neck Mahogany Soft-V shape neck
- fretboard Ovangkol
- bridge Ovangkol
- body binding Tortoiseshell
- tuning machine Chrome Open Gear tuners w/Butterbean knobs (18:1 gear ratio)
- nut material Bone
- number of frets 20
- saddle material Compensated Bone saddle
- bridge pins Ibanez Advantage™ bridge pins
- strings D’Addario® EXP™ strings
- pickup Fishman® Sonicore pickup
- preamp Ibanez AEQ-SP2 preamp w/Onboard tuner
- output jack Balanced XLR & 1/4″ outputs
- battery 9V Battery
- finish top Gloss
- finish back and sides Gloss
- finish neck back Satin
- Scale : 651mm
- a : Width 43mm at NUT
- b : Width 55mm at 14F
- c : Thickness 21.5mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 22.5mm at 7F
- Radius : 400mmR
- a : Length 20″
- b : Width 15 3/4″
- c : Max Depth 5″
- Dovetail Neck Joint
- RECOMMENDED CASE/BAG
Thermo Aged™ Solid Top and Spruce X Bracing
Thermo Aged™ Solid top w/Thermo Aged™ Spruce X bracing delivers ample volume and an enormous frequency range.
Ovangkol fretboard & bridge
Ovankol produces a rich mid range with clear high end.
Bone nut and saddle
A bone nut and saddle provide optimal transference of the natural string vibration.
Chrome Open Gear tuners w/Butterbean knobs(18:1 gear ratio)
Chrome open gear tuners w/butterbean knobs(18:1 gear ratio) ensure accurate, stable tuning and help reduce the headstock weight, while contributing to the vintage look.
Ibanez Advantage™ bridge pins
These pins really are an advantage over old-fashioned pins. Advantage™ pins are easier to take out and easier to put in than standard pins. A special bulb-shaped end makes the pin easy to grip and also prevents the pin from being pushed in too far. Best of all, with Advantage™, the pin and string stay put.
Simplified Graph Comparing Thermo Aged™ to Non-Thermo Aged Guitars
The Thermo Aged™ process makes the sound louder across the entire frequency range, especially the bass and treble areas. (The base line in the graph represents the sound character of Non-Thermo Aged guitar). Having a Thermo Aged™ solid back brings further enhancement to the sound along with the Thermo Aged™ solid top; even more bass, even more treble, and plenty of punch.
Fishman® Sonicore pickup and Ibanez AEQ-SP2 preamp w/Onboard Tuner
Balanced XLR and 1/4″ outputs