The Artwood Vintage series now showcases another vintage element by applying an “aging” process to the tonewood : “Thermo Aged™” tone wood, made by a special drying process at a high temperature which is commonly known as “baking” or “torrefaction.”
Thermo Aged™ Solid Top and Spruce X Bracing
Thermo Aged™ Solid top w/Thermo Aged™ Spruce X bracing delivers ample volume and an enormous frequency range.
Bone nut and saddle
A bone nut and saddle provide optimal transference of the natural string vibration.
Chrome Open Gear tuners w/Butterbean knobs(18:1 gear ratio)
Chrome open gear tuners w/butterbean knobs(18:1 gear ratio) ensure accurate, stable tuning and help reduce the headstock weight, while contributing to the vintage look.
Ibanez Advantage™ bridge pins
These pins really are an advantage over old-fashioned pins. Advantage™ pins are easier to take out and easier to put in than standard pins. A special bulb-shaped end makes the pin easy to grip and also prevents the pin from being pushed in too far. Best of all, with Advantage™, the pin and string stay put.
Simplified Graph Comparing Thermo Aged™ to Non-Thermo Aged Guitars
The Thermo Aged™ process makes the sound louder across the entire frequency range, especially the bass and treble areas. (The base line in the graph represents the sound character of Non-Thermo Aged guitar). Having a Thermo Aged™ solid back brings further enhancement to the sound along with the Thermo Aged™ solid top; even more bass, even more treble, and plenty of punch.
Fishman® Sonicore pickup and Ibanez AEQ-SP2 preamp w/Onboard Tuner
Balanced XLR and 1/4″ outputs
- Department: Musical Instruments
- Released: 31 Oct 2017
- Product Group: Guitars
- Sub-Category: Acoustic Guitars
- Brand Ibanez
- Colour Open Pore Natural Top
- Material: Mahogany Back
- Material: Mahogany Side
- Material: Mahogany Fretboard
- Material: Ovangkol Neck
- Material: Mahogany Bridge
- Material: Ovangkol String
- Configuration: 6 Hand
- Orientation Right Hand Body
- Type Grand Concert Body
- Finish: Satin Electronic
- Type: Piezo Top
- Type: Solid Inlay White
- Dot Number of Frets: 20 String
- Nut Bone String Nut Width: 1.77 “
- Neck Plate N Neck Finish Satin Neck
- Scale Length: 24.96 “
- Neck Radius :15.74 “
- Neck Shape: Soft-VBracingpruce X Bracing Hardware
- Colour: Chrome
- Special Electronics Fishman® Sonicore pickup – Ibanez AEQ-SP2 preamp w/Onboard tuner Pickguard Tortoiseshell Machine Heads Chrome Open Gear tuners w/Butterbean knobs (18:1 gear ratio)Series Artwood
- Vintage Thermo Aged
- Supply Source: South Africa