Born from a long lineage of stringed instruments, the acoustic guitar is steeped in tradition. But music continues to evolve, and musicians demand inspiring new tools with which to carve out their own signature sound. In that spirit, we introduce Ibanez AE, our new flagship series of acoustic-electric guitars. Offering supreme tone and playability, Ibanez AE is the next step in a great tradition.
Open Pore Natural
- body shape AE Jr body
- top Solid Sitka Spruce top
- back & sides Mahogany back & sides
- bracing Scalloped X bracing
- neck Mahogany neck
- fretboard Katalox
- bridge Katalox
- inlay Specially designed Wooden fretboard inlay
- soundhole rosette Abalone & Maple rosette
- tuning machine Chrome Die-cast tuners (18:1 gear ratio)
- nut material Bone
- number of frets 20
- saddle material Compensated Bone saddle
- bridge pins Ibanez Advantage™ bridge pins
- strings D’Addario® EXP™ strings
- pickup Ibanez T-bar undersaddle pickup
- preamp Ibanez Custom Electronics
- output jack 1/4″ Endpin Jack
- battery 2032 size Coin Lithium Battery (3V) *2
- finish top Open Pore
- finish back and sides Open Pore
- finish neck back Open Pore
- Scale : 607mm
- a : Width 43mm at NUT
- b : Width 55mm at 14F
- c : Thickness 20mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 21mm at 7F
- Radius : 400mmR
- a : Length 18 1/4″
- b : Width 14 11/16″
- c : Max Depth 4 11/32″
Gig bag included
Katalox fretboard & bridge
Katalox produces a rich mid range with a crisp high end.
AE body shape
Designed for projection, balance, and comfort, the AE’s perfectly crafted contemporary body shape offers the best of all worlds.
Scallop X bracing
The AE features bracing designed to project the guitar’s complete sonic spectrum. From deep, robust lows; through a smooth, pronounced mid-range; to bright, articulate highs-the AE X bracing design delivers the complex overtones that are present in only the highest quality acoustic instruments.
Ibanez Advantage™ bridge pins
These pins really are an advantage over old-fashioned pins. Advantage™ pins are easier to take out and easier to put in than standard pins. A special bulb-shaped end makes the pin easy to grip and also prevents the pin from being pushed in too far. Best of all, with Advantage™, the pin and string stay put.
T-Bar Undersaddle Pickup
Our goal in designing the AE was to minimize cuts being made into the body, as well as the size of the electronic components. The T-Bar undersaddle pickup features center position wired construction which helps to avoid disproportionate emphasis and equalize the volume of each string.