8240A SAM™ Studio Monitor
The Genelec 8240A was in production between 2006 and 2016. It was replaced by the 8340A model.
The 8240A features Genelec MDE™ and DCW™ technologies, a flow optimized reflex port, high SPL, low colouration and broad bandwidth in a modest enclosure. This SAM system features Genelec AutoCal™ and Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM™) control network technologies which allow adjustments of all aspects of monitor settings and full system control. GLM allows to automatically align every monitor on the network in terms of level, timing, and equalisation of room response anomalies.
The 8240A is the most advanced monitoring tool for recording studios, post-production houses, digital edit suites, radio, TV and outside broadcasting.
- SPL 105 dB
- Frequency response 41 Hz – 23 kHz (-6 dB)
- Accuracy of frequency response± 1 dB (48 Hz – 20 kHz)
- Driver dimension Woofer 6 1/2 inch + Tweeter 3/4 inch, metal dome + DCW™
- Amplifier power Woofer 90 W + Tweeter 90 W
- Dimensions 365 x W 237 x D 223 mm, 14 3/8 x 9 3/8 x 8 13/16 inch, with Iso-Pod™
- Weight 9.4 kg / 20.8 lb
- Connections 1 x XLR analog input, 1 x input / 1 x output XLR digital AES/EBU, 2 x RJ45 control network