Got digital mixing? Add a digital snake.
The new S16 Digital Snake from BEHRINGER takes the burden out of connecting your FOH (Front of House) console with the band. The S16 provides 16 fully programmable, remotely controllable high-end mic preamps plus 8 analog, balanced XLR returns at the stage end, and connects to the FOH via a single CAT5 cable without the need for a dedicated router.
Any mixing board with AES50 networking capability can tap into the S16’s powerful feature set. So if you happen to work on an analog mixing board occasionally, you could use the S16 and an A/D/A convertor to form a high-performance, lightweight 16 x 16 digital snake, all on one CAT5 connection, keeping the preamp remote control functionality.
The S16’s monitoring / head amp control section allows you to select any one of the 16 inputs, 8 bus outputs or P16 output streams for immediate line checks. In addition to signal metering at the stage box, you can set individual input channel Gain, apply +48 V phantom power, plus you have the option of listening directly to the input signal via headphones and much more. Once set, all configuration settings can be locked at the console for total system security.
KLARK TEKNIK SuperMAC (AES50-Compliant) technology gives the S16 its high-capacity digital interconnectivity with ultra-low latency operation, as well as simple deployment and ease of use. KLARK TEKNIK engineers worked with BEHRINGER product developers to ensure the S16 meets, or exceeds, the requirements of live performance entertainers and their professional audio engineers. Some of the outstanding features are:
- 48 bidirectional audio channels over CAT5 cable (48 kHz)
- 24 bidirectional audio channels over CAT5 cable (96 kHz)
- Single cable duplex interconnection for audio and sample clocks
- Ethernet physical layer audio data transmission
- High channel count and ultra-low deterministic latency
- Accurate phase-aligned clock distribution.
- Comprehensive error detection
- and management
- Provision for redundant networking
- Minimal configuration ± total ease of deployment and use
- Ethernet TCP/IP protocol-compatible auxiliary data channel
- Royalty-free implementations available as Xilinx FPGA cores
- OEM modules available from developer partners
- 16 MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps
- 8 analog, servo-balanced XLR outputs
- AES50 network ports
- Up to 100 m networking capability via CAT-5e cable (not included)
- Dual AES50 ports for cascading S16 units
- Precise LED metering plus 7-segment displays
- Phones output assignable to any of the inputs/outputs
- Dual ADAT outputs
- MIDI In/Out
- USB connector for system updates via PC
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction