Audiophile 10″ Studio Subwoofer with High Excursion Woofer
- Ultra-linear 300-Watt reference-class studio subwoofer
- Designed by renowned acoustic icon Keith Klawitter, founder of KRK*
- Powerful bridge-mode amplifier provides detailed reproduction of full low frequency spectrum
- High excursion 10” woofer with deformation-resistant glass fiber cone
- Variable low-pass filter and phase switch for optimum crossover alignment with stereo monitor systems
- Stereo inputs for mono-summed sub-bass creation
- Direct link outputs for connecting to stereo monitors for 2.1 speaker systems
- Servo-balanced inputs with balanced XLR and unbalanced TS jack and RCA connectors
- High-density composite enclosure for ultra-low diffraction and reduced low-frequency distortion
- ”Planet Earth” power supply for maximum flexibility (100
- – 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Germany
The 300-Watt NEKKST K10S Studio Subwoofer’s unparalleled
world-class performance is the result of a major collaboration between BEHRINGER audio engineers and loudspeaker master-designer/founder of KRK – Keith R. Klawitter. This incredible audiophile-grade subwoofer is ideal for all critical listening environments thanks to the custom-engineered bridge-mode amplifier that drives the 10″ glass-fiber woofer for rich, deep and tight bass. K10S’ front-firing port was designed for the ultimate in low-frequency extension – without the typical boundary coupling and port turbulence found in competing systems.
Why Studio Monitors are so Important
The goal of a great studio monitor is to present an accurate representation of your mix, so you can tell how well it will translate to the diverse listening environments and systems of today, such as car stereos, club sound systems, radio, portable digital music players and others. The remarkably-flat bass response of the NEKKST K10S allows you to work with the complete confidence that your mixes will “play” accurately on these systems and to your audience at large.
Keith R. Klawitter – the Man Who Invented Studio Monitors
Renowned acoustic icon and founder of KRK, Keith Klawitter, designed the ultra-linear, reference-class NEKKST Series studio monitors and subwoofer. Featuring Keith’s Advanced Waveguide Technology for the ultimate acoustic dispersion, the NEKKST Series generates an extremely large “sweet zone”, for the ultimate in professional-grade studio monitoring. Adding the amazing K10S subwoofer to your monitor system allows you to experience exactly how your mix’s bass content plays in vivid detail – thanks to its powerful 300-Watt bridge-mode amplifier, 10″ glass-fiber woofer and synergistic design. The NEKKST K10S not only satisfies seasoned engineers and producers, but makes audiophile-level sound accessible to both home and professional recording studio applications. Keith Klawitter wrote the book when it comes to modern studio monitors, and to quote the monitor-master, “This is my best work yet!”
Clean, Accurate Bass
The NEKKST K10S 10″ Studio Subwoofer owes its remarkable bass response to Keith Klawitter’s front-firing port and scientifically-curved front baffle design, which provides superb low-frequency extension and amazingly-clean sonic performance. A considerable investment of Keith’s time and research went into perfecting the interplay between the K10S’ woofer and port to maximize efficiency – and minimize the effects of port compression. You’ll hear your mix’s low end in a more accurate way, ensuring your music always sounds its best in every listening environment.
The K10S’ long-throw 10″ woofer is made with deformation-resistant, glass-fiber cone and built into a high-density composite enclosure that virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides ultra-low diffraction. If anyone on the planet knows studio monitors, it’s Keith Klawitter. He has made it his life’s mission to create systems that add tremendous value to world-class artists and engineers, who depend on the ultimate in mix accuracy. Keith himself refers to the NEKKST Studio Monitor Series as, “my best work!”