AKG PERCEPTION 820 Studio Condenser Microphone
The Perception 820 Tube includes an elegant remote control unit that allows you to select from nine different pickup patterns; it also controls the switchable bass-cut filter and the attenuation pad.
This Affordable Tube Mic Makes a Great Tool for Any Studio!
The AKG Perception 820 Tube condenser microphone makes quality tube mic performance affordable! This addition tothe popular Perception line gives you the rich sound only a real tube condenser can offer, while you control its stunning array of nine different pickup patterns (plus its low-cut filter and 20dB attenuation pad) from a very easy-to-use remote. The Perception 820 Tube uses a 1″ dual capsule design to give you a very dimensional and smooth sound. Though this Perception flagship model excels on vocals, it’s built to take the high SPLs you need to make the Perception 820 Tube a real studio workhorse.
AKG Perception 820 Tube Multi-pattern Condenser Microphone at a Glance:
- The Perception flagship mic
- Take control of your mic – remotely
The Perception flagship mic
In 2005 AKG has launched the very first Perception models – a completely new series of microphones showing legendary AKG Sound & Quality at an outstanding price level. The Perception820 Tube delivers real tube sound quality, raising the bar in its class of affordable tube microphones. This mic delivers real tube sound quality thanks to the dual one-inch large diaphragm capsule and the sophisticated ECC 83 dual-triode circuitry. You can’t beat a real-tube design for classic sound and smoothness. Put the Perception 820 Tube on a vocalist and you’ll know what you’ve been missing; put it on an instrument and you’ll love the natural sound you get.
Take control of your mic – remotely
The Perception 820 Tube includes an elegant remote control unit that allows you to select from nine different pickup patterns; it also controls the switchable bass-cut filter and the attenuation pad. Moreover, a ground lift switch prevents unwanted hum if necessary. This kind of versatility makes the Perception 820 Tube an ideal addition to your mic locker.
AKG Perception 820 Tube Multi-pattern Condenser Microphone Features:
- Two back-to-back one-inch large diaphragms
- An ECC 83 dual-triode tube circuitry emphasizes even-order harmonics for rich, smooth and three-dimensional sound
- Remote control unit allows selection of nine different pickup patterns from omnidirectional to cardioid to figure-8
- Switchable bass cut filter (80Hz, 12dB/oct) reduces unwanted rumble or footfall noise
- A 20dB allenuation pad works well for high SPL applications up to 155dB
- Brush-finished, anodized aluminum front plate and all-metal housing for maximum shielding
- Ground lift switch prevents unwanted hum if necessary
- Designed and engineered in Vienna, Austria
- Type: 1″ dual-diaphragm, true condenser pressuregradient
- Polar patterns: Omnidirectional, cardioid, figure-8 plus six intermediate patterns (selectable on remote control unit)
- Frequency range: 20Hz-20kHz
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34 dBV +/-3dB)
- Max. SPL: 135/155dB SPL (0/-20dB) for 0.5% THD
- Equivalent noise level: 16dB-A (IEC 60268-4)
- Preattenuation pad: 20dB (switchable on Remote Control Unit)
- Bass cut filter slope: 12dB/Octave, 80Hz (switchable on Remote Control Unit)
- Impedance: <=200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >=1000 ohms
- Power: Via remote control unit
- Connector: Dedicated 7-pin male XLR
Remote Control Unit:
- Audio/control input: Dedicated 7-pin female XLR connector
- Audio output: Standard 3-pin male XLR connector, balanced, pin 2 hot
- Polar pattern selector: 9-position detented rotary switch
- Bass cut filter switch: 2-position toggle switch
- Preattenuation switch: 2-position toggle switch
- Power voltage: 210-240 VAC or 110-120 VAC, selectable
- Primary fuse: 125 mA / 250 V slow-blow
The AKG Perception 820 Tube condenser microphone gives you incredible classic tube mic tones at a great value!