The CabClone is a compact and affordable direct recording and listening device for your Favourite amp head, opening a range of applications in practice, the studio and on stage. Working with any amp head, the Cab Clone operates as a loadbox, a cabinet simulator a direct recording interface and a compensated headphone driver. The result is a versatile and punchy little device that can ultimately replace the need for a speaker cabinet and microphone setup.
The CabClone has 3 Cabinet simulations to combine with your favourite amp head. With Closed back, open back and vintage style cabinet styles, the Cabclone gives a warm, detailed and realistic amp response, essentially eliminating the need to bring a cumbersome speaker cabinet. A number of on board features allow flexibility for a variety of applications, including phase selection ground lift and DI level controls.
The great features of the CabClone allow you to make the most of your amp head in a variety of situations. When at home, you are able to plug in and get the same fantastic sound of your favourite amp with some headphones and practice at full volume without disturbing the neighbours. In the studio you can use the direct sound for the perfect close mic response of your amp. Alternatively you can plug a speaker cabinet into the back of the CabClone and get a mix of the Direct Amp sound and your personal loudspeaker. For live situations the CabClone puts you back in control of your performances. You can set your monitor and earphone mixes and control the balance how much of the signal is fed to the PA. The passive design means that the CabClone is ultraportable and easy to set up with no need for pesky power supplies.
The CabClone allows you to use your favourite head in every situation. Compact and affordable compared to its competition, Pair it with a lunchbox amp head and you have the smallest true valve rig ever!
Here’s what Mesa Boogie say about the CabClone
The CABCLONE? is a passive Cabinet Simulator/Speaker Mic alternative with a built-in Amp Load. It provides a direct interface of your guitar amp?s Speaker Output to the input of a mixing console, microphone preamp or even direct to your converters (recorder) with or without the need for a speaker cabinet. It?s also a Compensated Headphone Driver that delivers a great sounding, great feeling headphone-friendly version of your amp?s Tone that?s perfect for late night practice sessions or anytime you want to play without others listening.
Guitar World Magazine – Awarded Guitar World Platinum Award!
“The CabClone’s three cabinet-simulator settings not only sound like genuine miked speaker cabinets, they sound like three awesome speaker cabinets.”
“Sounded big, ballsy and honestly better than the results I got when I placed an SM57 in front of the speakers”
- Sounds great with any amp head rated 100W or less
- Replaces the need for a mic and speaker cabinet
- Passive Design- no power supply required
- Built in Internal Amp Load (<100W)
- 1/4 input Jack(receives signal from amp’s speaker output)
- 1/4″ ?Thru? Output Jack (defeats to Internal Load when no cable is connected)
- 3-Position Cabinet Voicing Switch – Open-Back, Closed-Back & Vintage Closed-Back Cabinet Simulations
- Variable -30 to 4db DI Output Level Control with presets for Dynamic Mic Level (-30db), Instrument Level (-10db) & Line Level ( 4db)
- Balanced XLR Direct Output (controlled by the Variable DI Output Level Control)
- Independent 1/4″ 4 Line Level ?Slave? Output Jack (exact signal from amp’s speaker output, non-simulated)
- Compensated Headphone Output Jack (defeats balanced outputs when used)
- Phase Switch ? Normal (In) or Reverse (180?)
- Ground Lift Switch
- Removable Tilt-Back Stand (for use over an amp handle)