The RG is the most recognizable and distinctive guitar in the Ibanez line. Three decades of metal have forged this high-performance machine, honing it for both speed and strength. Whether you favor a hardtail (fixed) bridge or our industry-leading locking tremolo system, the RG is a precision instrument.
- neck type Wizard III-8 for Multi Scale 5pc Maple/Walnut neck
- body Mahogany body
- fretboard Jatoba fretboard w/White split off-set dot inlay
- fret Jumbo frets
- bridge Mono-rail bridge
- neck pickup Array-8 MS (H) neck pickup (Passive/Ceramic)
- bridge pickup Array-8 MS (H) bridge pickup (Passive/Ceramic)
- factory tuning 1D#,2A#,3F#,4C#,5G#,6D#,7A#,8F
- string gauge .009/.011/.016/.024/.032/.042/.059/.080
- hardware color Cosmo black
- Scale : 692mm/27.26″ – 648mm/25.5″
- a : Width 55mm at NUT
- b : Width 80mm at 24F
- c : Thickness 20mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 21.5mm at 12F
- Radius : 400mmR
Equalized tension helps to create a more “alive”, open tone. But the design also improves player comfort. The multi scale construction ergonomically coordinates with the way a player’s hand angles as it moves up and down the neck, facilitating quick, comfortable playing action.
Jatoba has a reddish brown color which produces a rich mid range with a crisp high end.
The Mono-Rail bridge delivers the ultimate in string-to-string isolation, meaning that each string vibrates optimally without be affected by the others.