- High-Performance 32-Channel MADI Expansion Card for X32
- 32-channel, bi-directional audio interface via MADI (AES10)
- Optical duplex SC-plugs (IEC874-19) to connect with fibre optic MADI devices
- Multimode fibre optic cable length of up to 2 km supported
- Dual BNC terminals for transmission via standard 75-Ohm coaxial cable of up to 100 m length
- BNC connectivity can be used as a redundancy network with fibre optic installations
- Console allows selecting a block of 32 out of up to 64 MADI channels
- Both MADI formats 56-channel (AES10-1991) and 64-channel (AES10-2003) supported
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Germany
The X32 ’s expansion slot provides flexible and expandable connectivity for many different applications. The X-MADI Expansion Card can easily be installed in place of the X-USB card that is included with the X32 . The 32-channel interface brings even more I/O options to the X32 by instantly enabling it for MADI networking. The MADI or AES10 protocol is quickly becoming an industry standard in many broadcast applications.
Rear Panel Flexibility
The X32 ships with the X-USB card in the expansion slot, but by installing the X-MADI card, you will be ready to integrate with MADI networks, with 32-channels of bidirectional audio. X-MADI provides Optical duplex SC-plugs (IEC874-19) to connect with fibre optic MADI devices, with multimode fibre optic cable lengths of up to 2 km supported. Dual BNC terminals are also provided for transmission via standard 75-Ohm coaxial cable of up to 100 m length.
When using the X-MADI card, the X32 console will allow you to select a block of 32 out of the possible 64 MADI channels available. Both the 56-channel (AES10-1991) and 64-channel (AES10-2003) MADI streams are supported for maximum compatibility. The BNC and fibre optic connectivity can also be used simultaneously, creating a reliable redundancy network with fibre optic installations.
MADI is found in professional recording and broadcast studios around the world. The X-MADI card is the perfect solution for integrating the X32 into current installations using the MADI protocol.