The X Air XR16 from Behringer is a 16-input portable rack-mountable mixer for iPad and Android tablets. It can be used for both live and studio environments in applications such as live stage, theater, houses of worship, rehearsals, and more.
It features eight Midas-designed mic preamps and an integrated Wi-Fi module for wireless control, giving you the ability to move around and manipulate all parameters of your mix. Furthermore, it has USB connectivity for file storage and future system updates. The built-in USB stereo recorder can record your live tracks uncompressed directly to your iPad or PC. You can then dial in a monitoring mix with effects and zero latency, while sending your stereo mix and the keyboard player’s MIDI notes to your DAW for recording.
The X Air XR16 has additional features included as well, such as the MIDI in/out jack for controlling the mixer via MIDI equipment using Mackie control protocol via a live performance controller. This mixer also comes with several Behringer effects, such as a Leisure compressor and leveling amplifier, mid/sides Fair compressor, a 5-band Combinator compressor, modulation delay, Sub Octaver, and an Edison EX1 that allows you simple manipulation of the stereo field.
Finally, the XR16 includes a Sound Maxer and a dimensional chorus effect, which can help you to restore natural brilliance and clarity to the original audio signal. Whether you’re recording in the studio, or you want to capture intimate live performances, it’s never been easier to record professional-sounding tracks with clarity.
4 Onboard X32 Effects Engines
- The onboard virtual FX Rack provides access to four true-stereo (8 mono), multi-effects processors including delay, chorus, dynamics – plus the XR16 can run production-quality, true-stereo reverbs concurrently with 31-band EQ on the main and aux buses, all without the need for any additional hardware
- X AIR gain Sharing technology can easily manage fully automated mixes with several live microphones. Dugan Auto-Mixing automatically manages microphone gain sharing (future firmware)
Real Time Analyzer
- 100-band Real Time Analyzer for all channels and bus EQs
- Rack ears and protection bumpers included for flexible rack and onstage applications
Digital Signal Processing
- 40-bit floating-point DSP features “unlimited” dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency
Compatible with Several Devices
- Free iOS, Android and PC/MAC/Linux apps available for remote operation via Ethernet, LAN or Wi-Fi
- Mic Preamps 8x Midas programmable mic preamps on combo XLR/TRS balanced 1/4″ (6.3 mm) jacks
- Inputs Mic/Line: 8x XLR/TRS balanced 1/4″ (6.3 mm) combo jacks
- Line: 8x 1/4″ (6.3 mm) jacks
- Outputs Main: 2x XLR
- Effects 4x stereo (8 mono) onboard X32 effects
- Aux 4x 1/4″ (6.3 mm)
- Headphone 1x 1/4″ (6.3 mm)
- MIDI In/Out allows controlling the mixer via MIDI equipment (including Mackie Control protocol) or for use as a USB MIDI interface
- Antenna Yes
- Ethernet Capability Wired: Yes
- Wi-Fi: Yes
- USB Compatibility Yes: Connectivity for storage
- Stereo Recording: Directly to your iPad or PC
- Dimensions Not listed by manufacturer
- Weight Not listed by manufacturer
- Package Weight 9.35 lb
- Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 15.1 x 8.3 x 7.7″