Professional Live Mixing, Effects, and USB Audio in One Mixer
Full-featured Professional Live Mixing Experience
The ZEPHYR ZMX164FXU is a 16-channel, 4-bus mixer with more than enough inputs, outputs, routing, EQ, and effects, for any live performance reinforcement need. It features 10 ultra-low microphone inputs with balanced TRS jacks and instert points, a three-band EQ with a sweepable mid frequency on 8 channels, four channels of stereo inputs with 4-band fixed EQs, and a 4-bus assignable sub mixer. You also get 60mm high-precision faders and four AUX sends per channel (2 Pre/Post switchable pots). The ZMX164FXU gives you the all the features you need to mix any professional live performance.
256 Onboard Alesis Effects
Whether you’re mixing the church choir or a heavy metal band, give your mix a professional edge with 256 onboard 24-bit Alesis DSP effects designed in partnership with Alesis. Choose from room and space delays, small and large hall acoustics, plate and spring reverbs, flangers, chorusus and more. The ZMX164FXU offers 16 variations of 16 professional effects from which to build, tweak, and dial in your sound.
USB Audio Interface
Capture your live mix with your laptop and computer recording software by simply connecting a USB cable to the ZMX164FXU. This USB-enabled professional mixing console features a USB port that streams two channels of 24-bit audio out to your computer (Main Mix or Sub Mix 1/2). With the ZMX164FXU you can record band rehearsals, club gigs, speaking engagements, worship meetings, and any other live performance reinforcement sitation. What’s more, this USB connection is bi-directional so you can also stream audio from your laptop to the ZMX164FXU for audio and music playback!
High headroom, low noise
The ZMX164FXU is an impressive bit of engineering, packing more features than should be allowed in one mixer. Of course, we also took a no-compromise approach where the purity of your mix is concerned. All Alto Professional ZEPHYR ZMX mixers are designed with high headroom and ultra low-noise, discrete mic preamps so you always get the full dynamic range of your mix every time. The ZMX164FXU mixer brings professional performance that you demand, at a mind-blowing price.
Visualize your mix
We designed every ZEPHYR ZMX mixer with your performance in mind. Sometimes venues are dark and it can be hard to see what you’re working with. Alto Professional solves this problem by not only color coding each section of the mixer, but also by using brightly colored knobs so that you can easily find what you need to adjust before you ever lay a finger on the mixer. Our blue, red, yellow and white pots are instantly easy to identify in dim lighting. LED indicators for output level, peak, and phantom power also assist in making sure that you have multiple visual cues that compliment everything you’re hearing.
- Microphone Input Electronically Balanced
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz, /-1 dB
- Distortion: ( THD&N) <0.03% at 0dBu, 1 kHz
- Gain range: 0 dB to 50 dB (MIC)
- SNR (Signal-to-Noise Ratio): 114 dB
- Line Input Electronically Balanced(Unbalanced)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz, /-1dB
- Distortion: (THD&N) <0.03% at 0dBu, 1kHz
- Gain range: -15 dBu to 35 dBu
- Impedance Microphone Input: 1.4 kOhms
- Channel Insert return: 2.5 kOhms
- All Other Input: 10 kOhms or Greater
- Tape Out: 1 kOhms
- All Other Outputs: 120 Ohms
- Hi Shelving: ?15 dB @ 12 kHz
- Mid bell: ?12 dB @ 100 Hz – 8 kHz
- Low shelving: ?15 dB @ 80 Hz
- MAIN EQ: 9 EQ (63 Hz 125 Hz 250 Hz 500 Hz 1 kHz 2 kHz 4 kHz 8 kHz 16 kHz) ?15 dB
- DSP Section: A/D and D/A Converters 24-bit
- DSP Resolution: 24-bit
- Type of effects: Large Hall, Medium Hall, Large Room, Medium Room, Karaoke, Short Spring Reverb, Long Spring Reverb, Chamber, Mono Delay, Mono Echo, Stereo Echo, Flanger, Chorus, Reverb Chorus, Reverb Delay, Thickener
- Presets: 16
- Controls: 16-position preset selector
- Clip LED
- Mute switch with peak LED Indicator
Main Mix Section Noise (Bus noise)
- Fader 0 dB, Channels muted: -94 dBu
- Fader 0 dB, All Input Channels Assigned and Set To Unity Gain: -92 dBu
- Phantom Power: Mic Pin 2 / Pin 3 and Pin 1 48 V – Switched
- Power supply Main voltage: 100 V – 230 V