Roland JP8080 Analog Modeling Synthesizer Module Demo
Click Image for Gallery
The JP-8080 Analog Modeling Synthesizer Module offers an advanced Analog Modeling sound engine with 10-note polyphony, powerful External Audio Synthesis unlike anything on the market today, a unique built-in Voice Modulator, and Smartmedia storage capability--all in a cool, retro-styled 6U rack-mount module with tons of knobs and sliders for easy sound shaping.
Forty knobs and sliders for intuitive real-time sound creation and drastic sonic manipulation. Onboard Motion Control records all slider and knob movements for "hands-free" playback; all knob movements can be output via MIDI. The powerful onboard Voice Modulator allows external Mic/Vocal/Instrument input to be processed in real-time using one of three unique modes: Formant Filter, FilterBank, and Vocal Morph Control. Also features a good 12-band vocoder. It is used by BT, Ken Ishii, Faithless, and a.vanvranken.
- Powerful "Analog Modeling" synthesizer module with 40 knobs and sliders for intuitive sound creation and sonic manipulation
- Seven onboard waveforms: Super Saw, Triangle Modulation, Noise, Feedback Oscillator, Square (PWM), Sawtooth, Triangle
- 10-voice polyphony and Unison function for analog sounds reminiscent of the best classic synths
- External Audio Synthesis allows for processing external audio sources using synthesizer filter, amplifier and multi-effects
- Voice Modulator allows external Mic/Vocal/Instrument input to be processed in real time using one of three unique modes: Formant Filter, Filter Bank, and Vocal Morph Control
- Three independent onboard effects: Delay, Multi-FX including Chorus, Flanger and Distortion
- Onboard Motion Control records all slider and knob movements for "hands-free" playback
- Knob movements can be output via MIDI
- Onboard Arpeggiator and Realtime Phrase Sequencing (RPS) capability
- Bank and Number buttons, Preview functions, dedicated MIDI Remote Keyboard In, and SmartMedia storage